Saturday, April 17, 2010

THE ILLUSION OF TIME

Wow! My last blog was March 28th! Much has happened in that time, and then again, not much has happened. My ankle ended up being broken in two places, had surgery and now healing. The first two weeks I spent in complete denial, thinking my body would heal on its own. Wrong. Now, the surgery is over and I'm on my way to being back on my feet again.

There's much to be said for having nothing to do but think. I've spent the last few weeks thinking about who I am and where I am in my life. I've decided that always pushing to get ahead can get you into a lot of trouble, especially when you push when there is no resistance to push against. The result: falling flat on your face. There's much to be said for taking a time out from life, sitting back and realizing that life pretty much takes care of itself, IF you allow it to do so. Time is only an illusion. So, condense that busy schedule and sit down, give a big yawn and realize there is no such thing as time. Life does go on without you. So enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I just read your blog to Jill and we agree that it makes sense. Life marches on even when we aren't marching to its beat.

    Take those breaks. To paraphrase Gladys Tabor, you're just as far along at the end of the day if you stop for tea and a rest - than if you hadn't.
    So carry on. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete