Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday, February 15th

Good morning all. Today, I'm editing my new book, ISLAND PASSAGE, that will come out in May, 2010. I'm really excited about this book, because two old friends meet again in an atmosphere of childhood resentments and a secret that could devastate two families. It's been a long winter, and I'm suffering from severe cabin fever. Then . . . I look at the news and think, ah, shucks this "ain't" so bad. I'm warm, my stomach's full, and I don't have any immediate complaints. If anything, the economy and world catastrophes teach me to stop grumbling about the small stuff and get on with ordinary day-to-day living.

Okay, my plan is to finish up with the editing on ISLAND PASSAGE by the end of February. The front cover of the book has been started and is looking great! I have a great artist, Suzanne Karshner, who does a brilliant job making the story come alive on the front cover.

Barb Whittington, my critique partner and really wonderful friend, has been an inspiration and has given many thoughts and suggestions regarding my books. Writing is a tough and sometimes self-defeating job. The writing process constantly makes us question question question, and oftentimes, it's our own gut feelings that turn out to be the best answer. The core of my writing is women's fiction, love of family, friends and, yes, pets! I have a chocoloate lab (Brutus) and a cat (Mickey). And a wonderful husband, Tom. We all live together in a log cabin, built the old-fashioned way: one log at a time. My one true belief is LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry, welcome to blogland. I think you will LOVE it. It's a great way to write just a little, be a little creative, blow off just a little steam. Glad to hear you did the homemade chicken noodles. One of my favorite comfort foods. I think I'm doing beef/noodles tomorrow night: pressure cooker beef, homemade noodles with partial wheat flour, some good stock gravy over mashed potatoes! Yum!!
    I will check back in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, that sounds so good. I have my cyber fork in hand, cyber napkin tucked under my chin, ready to eat! I love to cook! I love to eat!

    ReplyDelete