Saturday, May 15, 2010

LOVING LIFE IN A WOMAN'S SOUL

A short blog today. Waiting on "proofs" of Island Passage. The cover art is gorgeous! I'm excited. While I wrote this story more than ten years ago, I had fun re-editing and getting it ready to be printed into book form. And when I receive the first complete copy, I will hold the new book to my nose and breathe in the smell of the paper, run my hands over the cover, and feel myself grin. What satisfaction. I love writing stories of the human heart, stories that reach out and hold hands with the hearts of other women. I love the toughness and softness of our souls, stubborn and yet quiet and reflectful of every experience bringing us forward in our individual lives. As women, I believe we deeply understand the unification of past, present and future, each phase entwined into the tough fabric of living. We lose, we gain, we give birth to new hope.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I'm giving birth to new hope - thanks! for being there for me, Sher.

    Interesting, that you and I travel in such different directions and are on different planes but we share the very same space. ALWAYS!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete