Monday, March 1, 2010

OLD FRIENDS MEET IN ODD PLACES

My blog this morning will be short. I work two days a month at a law firm, helping with their billing and have to be dressed and out the door in fifteen minutes. But I do have a thought for the day about friendship.

Monday morning (yawn, stretch, drinking a sip of coffee) On my Sedona post I was thrilled to see one of my daughter's friends, Emily! I've known her since she was thirteen and remember Steph's (my daughter) slumber parties here at the house with all the other giggly girls. Again, friendships that may falter at times, are there, nonetheless. You see, friendships are like fingerprints: there for life and each unique in character. Emily is teacher and writer. And, on a more personal note: "Emily, I am so proud of the woman you have become." I'm also friends with her mom and dad, who I haven't seen in many years. Directed to Emily: Tell your mom and dad hi, and that I miss them.

Also, my friend, Barb Whittington, had an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer on Sunday. If you get a chance, check out her blog. She is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sher for the "article plug." I too value old friends and have hooked up with a few during the publication of this health care article.
    What is that line - make new friends but keep the old. They're there in the scrapbooks of our minds and I love when they pop up center stage - reliving old memories and making new ones. Happy day at work for you! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete