Friday, April 27, 2012

Background noise!

It's tough to be creative with all the background noise that invades our lives. I often crave the peace and quiet that Laura Ingalls Wilder must've had on the prairie or Marjorie Rawlings had in her orange grove in the alligator invested swamps of Cross Creek. I doubt very much they did yoga in the mornings to pique their creativity, or downed a smoothie with protein powder to keep their energy up. I well imagine both Laura and Marjorie had their share of distractions, too, although it's fun to romanticize their lives as being simple and uncomplicated. Life is certainly a compromise, isn't it? Just think what Laura and Marjorie would've achieved (or thought they could've achieved) if only they'd had a washer and dryer, a dishwasher, microwave, blender, or the History Channel?  I suppose it's all relative. So, for today, I'll just accept the background noise of the washer and dryer, the dishwasher, and when I prepare my protein shake with almond milk, half a banana, strawberries and fresh leaf spinach (yes, I said spinach) I'll think of Laura and Marjorie and thank God I have a lap top!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment